Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just when I was prepared to ignore my husband this New Year

He called to say that he was on his way home from work, and they've finished everything they need to until Monday. Then he asked me, "Are you ready to go to Pittsburgh?"

Dude, now we can't go. While I'm used to living at the whim of your ever-changing work schedule, it makes my family crazy when I call them four times in two days to tell them we're coming, no we're not, yes...we are, no..not this time. Let's spend the New Year at home with our awesome kids and make it a fun evening (instead of me going to bed at 10pm to avoid kissing you at midnight--grudgy much?).

Maybe we'll go AFTER we watch Penn State kicks USC's ass at the Rose Bowl.

Plus, the eight-hundred dollars we'll save on the gorgeous New Year's Eve hotel room (ridiculous) can go to the YMCA of our choice (Milford or Ann Arbor) - and I'll be able to have childcare while I exercise this year!!

No comments: